It's been very long, but now I'm back

DiSaMe

• Moderators

Yes we did miss you ! Welcome back aboard !
You probably left but your were kinda still there with us as we grew with your popular resources. I think all servers have the bone_attach resource (or had at some point).
At least I did grow with your bone_attach with me.

When your website went down, it was a big hit for me, trying to find mirrors of it somewhere. But the community is always there to back it up and keep moving forward.

• Like 1
  • Scripting Moderators

Welcome back :)
So Citizen, myself and probably many others used your resource bone_attach resource which was great for lots of various servers.

• Like 1

I remember carefully studying your works. Unfortunately, the site was destroyed by time, but thanks to those people that with the help of the wayback machine they were able to return what was lost. I still keep many of your works on my HDD! Many of them are still useful today, even bone_attach was useful to the community until recently. I am grateful to you for that.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone, I'm happy to know my works are appreciated here.

On 04/04/2021 at 05:10, Citizen said:

You probably left but your were kinda still there with us as we grew with your popular resources.

Yes, but this is one of the reasons why I regret leaving for so long. If I had left without having done anything important for people to remember me, it would have been easier. No one looking for me and wondering where the hell I disappeared. Now it's more like I created expectations for people and then vanished.

I heard about it when my website went down, and I thought I should bring it back, maybe run a server myself, but I never did because "I'm not in the mood at this moment". Glad I didn't even have to in the end.

Anyway, it seems that bone_attach is the most popular of my resources. Its main purpose wasn't even to manage the state (attaching/detaching), its main purpose was to provide rotation calculations because that's what I considered the hard part. I remember there was a time when I could calculate 2 angles from 2 positions but not 3 angles from 3 positions, meaning I could align the object to the bone but not rotate it along with the bone around the bone's axis. But...

On 10/04/2021 at 16:46, XaskeL said:

even bone_attach was useful to the community until recently.

Yes, until recently. With getElementBoneRotation being introduced, that part is now obsolete.

Regarding my resources in general, I made them because I wanted to benefit MTA, but I remember being somewhat annoyed by relative lack of action from the rest of the community. There were servers that I enjoyed playing in, some of them running simple but original gamemodes. But like anywhere else, for every good server there were lots of not-so-good ones. And then there were many people looking for some traffic script but hardly anyone trying to make one themselves. It felt so disappointing. Ped scripting capabilities were very underused, especially considering with them you can do far more than just peds randomly walking and driving around. I mean yes, it's expected that in any gaming community most people would be just players and not scripters. But for everything that's possible to do with MTA, that was a huge waste.

Perhaps I was just overreacting because I was a little anxious, being unsure where my life was going while also worrying about MTA at the same time. But it all seems good enough now.

Edited by CrystalMV
  • Like 2