Having never played any MTA before R.1.1.1 should i be..

Excited? I mean apart from 'oh great GTA online'. Should i be really excited about what the MTA team can accomplish? Ive seen shots and vids of 0.5 but never played it. I personally feal SA is too big to allow free room like 0.5, should i be concerned about this?

Yeh sorry should have been clearer :oops: im playing MTA race more than any other game i own at the moment, but the post was more about DM. As the only GTADM was gtaT (the very first release) and i havn't trusted it since :? . Rumble looks good although theres no installer which is why i havn't player it.

And building areas for firefights is sounding very cool

i have also been concerned about the massive size of SA.

i'm hoping people will split up SA into lots of sections, gta3mta style, only more sections. Since each city in SA is so big im thinking at least 2 areanas for each city, which will give MTASA a lot of variety - unlike MTAVC where you were mostly playing the same map over and over, and where the spawns dominated the second island so you disregarded the first in any case.

that's a little misleading, the vehicle limit works in a similar way to the object limit in maps, we support a very large number of vehicles in general, we've had several with over a thousand vehicles placed.

RE: SA being too big.

that's largely left up to the map designers. IF spawn points pickups etc are placed in a relatively small location, then the action will center around there.

Certainly big maps can happen, but small maps are also possible. If this isn't enough one could also easily add barricading objects in certain areas to continue to limit freedom ( if they wish )

that's a little misleading, the vehicle limit works in a similar way to the object limit in maps, we support a very large number of vehicles in general, we've had several with over a thousand vehicles placed.

Oh cool, I was assuming there would be a strict vehicle limit of several hundred cars like in VC-MP and the previous versions of MTA. Ignore my last post then. :P

Excited? I mean apart from 'oh great GTA online'. Should i be really excited about what the MTA team can accomplish? Ive seen shots and vids of 0.5 but never played it. I personally feal SA is too big to allow free room like 0.5, should i be concerned about this?

depends if you like dm..

sa dm is certainly different than gta3 and vc so even ppl who have played gta3 and vc on mp might be a bit suprised of how much sa differs, from what ive seen sa mp is quite slow and the ps2 controls make it pretty boring, its like a new game but thats just my opinion, many others find it interresting just BECAUSE it is so different

considering you had to ask wether you should be exited makes me think youre not much of a dm guy so im not sure what youre expecting at all

might be a good idea not to expect anything untill it arrives? :P