[QUESTION] How to disable engine sound for a SPECIFIC car?

Kazafka

Hello!

I'm back after a big break. I began playing on my MTA server again. Today, I tried to add electric cars to my server. It's almost done, but there is still only one thing left to achieve. Well, I am trying to disable ALL engine sounds, for electric cars, to make them more realistic. So, I've looked up for some resources, nothing helped. setWorldSoundEnable - I don't know if this function can disable sounds for a specific entity, I only know, that it completely disables all sounds from a specific world sound group.

Any ideas?

Edited by VaporZ
2 hours ago, SpecT said:

setWorldSoundEnable is exactly what you need but you will need to experiment to see which one is for the electric cars you will use.
For example:

setWorldSoundEnable(40, false)

This will mute the engine sound but you will still hear the idling so you need to mute from ID 7 to 16 (depends on the car).

Here is the list of the world sound groups: World_sound_groups

1 hour ago, Hydra said:

function s()
  for i = 7, 16 do
    setWorldSoundEnabled(i, false)
    end
  end

Unfortunately, nope. I mean, when I use setWorldSoundEnabled I can't hear engine sound of a Bullet, driven by my friend.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, VaporZ said:

Unfortunately

I haven't done/tested this before, but you can change the vehicle engine type. Not sure if that affects the audio as well.

setVehicleHandling ( theVehicle, "engineType", "electric")

9 minutes ago, IIYAMA said:

I haven't done/tested this before, but you can change the vehicle engine type. Not sure if that affects the audio as well.

setVehicleHandling ( theVehicle, "engineType", "electric")

No, it doesn't affect the audio.

EDIT#1: I've tested that before in normal GTA San Andreas. If engine type of cars in San Andreas would make a difference (e.g. in sound, acceleration, etc.), I wouldn't start this thread.

Edited by VaporZ

Hi, 

I highly advise you to take a look to the "bengine" ressource to take a look at how it actually works

The main issue is that you have to disable EVERY VEHICLE SOUNDS for EVERY VEHICLES in order to achieve what you are trying to do (and that's how the previously mentionned resource works)

24 minutes ago, Gordon_G said:

Hi, 

I highly advise you to take a look to the "bengine" ressource to take a look at how it actually works

The main issue is that you have to disable EVERY VEHICLE SOUNDS for EVERY VEHICLES in order to achieve what you are trying to do (and that's how the previously mentionned resource works)

Well, problem is, that whenever I start the resource and spawn a new vehicle, I have NO sounds. I mean, I was using bengines a long time ago before, and it played custom engine sounds. Now, it doesn't.