VMware - joining local server

Krzysztof

Question

Hello, I want to run MTA on virtual machine. I suppose joining public servers isn't possible due to serial verification but I'd like to use my local server for script testing. When I try to join on VMware (windows 7/10) I get such error "Disconnected: you have been kicked by AC #4 RESTART MTA". I disabled all AC detectors in conf file. Thanks for any help.

2 answers to this question

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team

VMware should work fine after you followed the instructions on this page: https://updatesa.multitheftauto.com/sa/trouble/?tr=serial-validation

After following the instructions, the client is validated and will work forever, so you'll be able to use it for script testing & everything else you'd like.

@Krzysztof

Alright so I installed MTA in virtual machine and it was a mistake. For those who had similar problem - you have to share MTA folder and run it on virtual box instead of installing it there. I copied GTA SA to VM but you can also share GTA SA folder and use this path when MTA will ask. When you run MTA on VM and then you will join on your main system you have to just change your nickaname and everything should work.

Thanks for the answer Dutchman.