[LF] Skilled scripter for specific & well described scripting work. [Paid] [RPG server] [Windows] [Server in development]

Nixon

[LF] Skilled scripter for specific & well described scripting work. [Paid]

I'm a long time MTA fan/player since 2010. I have an MTA server running for creative & development purposes. I like designing and describing scripting ideas for my server and enjoy seeing them become reality. My own scripting knowledge is very limited, so I prefer to leave development up to others and focus on design and test.

The server is in early stages and there are no players except for friends who sometimes log in when I ask them. My dream is to make a server that will be regularly played and enjoyed by other people. The server I'm building is an RPG server.

I am looking for freelance scripters, who will work on my specific ideas that I will describe in detail with text and images.

Requirements:

- Hardworking and flexible personality.

- Excellent understanding of scripting so you can complete my ideas with few bugs. 

- Ability to solve bugs quickly and efficiently.

- Attention to detail.

- At least an average English proficiency.

Communication:

- Discord with mic and text: Nixon#8315

Payment:

- I will transfer the money to your bank account, so we can save Paypal fees.

- Payment for scripts will usually be around 10-40 euros for scripts that can be finished in 1 or 2 days with around 100-800 lines of code

- Payment can be higher for more complex scripts. 

- We discuss the price before you begin working. 

- I will pay extra for bugs that were due to missing/wrong information on my part and for new functionality. We will discuss this and it will be created as separate work, so you still get paid for the original work.

- I will not pay if the script is unfinished or has bugs due to your lack of effort, concentration or scripting knowledge.

Work process:

- We will use Microsoft Azure devops for describing scripts and handling their price and status (finished, not finished, etc.)

- We will use Github for committing code

- We will use FTP to add code in the server, with possibility of remote desktop access to Windows Server 2019.

- The database is MySql and the scripts will not be object oriented.

- The server was started from nothing and has some basic scripts running, which includes user registration and a decent Admin script where you can manage resources.

- You will get help to test scripts in the server by me or some of my friends who you can reach through Discord, but you should try to do as much as you can yourself.

- Work might not be constant and will depend on how much motivation I have also, so you should treat this as a hobby for fun and a way to earn a bit of extra money once in a while, while doing something you enjoy, and making cool scripts with me that hopefully will be played by players one day.

I look forward to hearing from you!

~ Nixon

Edited by Nixon
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I'm always looking for skilled scripters to act as a backup and fill in extra time whenever my main scripter is unavailable. Just add me on Discord: Nixon#8315

- Русскоязычные скриптеры тоже ОК

- Some programming could be object oriented (oop) and we use both sqlite and mysql.

- Possible work hours (week days 18:00 CET - 24:00 CET, weekends 10:00 - 24:00 CET) - Central European Time

- Majority of the work will be us sitting together in Discord, where I test and give you information about what to do, while you make the code changes and upload them right away into the game via ftp.

- I will pay for your work on an hourly basis, rather than for completed scripts.

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/10/2020 at 02:32, Nixon said:

- We will use Github for committing code

- We will use FTP to add code in the server, with possibility of remote desktop access to Windows Server 2019.

If you are using GitHub to store the code, you may as well utilize it as part of the deployment process. This way you can utilize branches, have more control over what is committed to the server, and you have final say over what makes it through. Let me know if you would like to explore this system of work at all.

On 22/11/2020 at 21:08, Nixon said:

Hi, I'm always looking for skilled scripters to act as a backup and fill in extra time whenever my main scripter is unavailable. Just add me on Discord: Nixon#8315

- Some programming could be object oriented (oop) and we use both sqlite and mysql.

- Majority of the work will be us sitting together in Discord, where I test and give you information about what to do, while you make the code changes and upload them right away into the game via ftp.

- I will pay for your work on an hourly basis, rather than for completed scripts.

I am glad to see you opened your mind more. This is a much better way to treat your developers. Software development is inherently an iterative process, so paying on a per feature basis does not make sense when the finished product is only half of what goes into it all.

Best of luck!