Free roaming

Guest Uber

Good day to you wonderful MTA development team (and anyone else who might read this that could help)!

I have a couple questions maybe some of you could help me with.

1st - Free roam. Is there a way I can set it up so that it's free roaming? Pedestrians, full San Andreas map, able to exit your vehicle, etc.

Next - Mods/Scripts. I have seen 2 called Clan RPG and Cops & Robbers. It's always got something to do with Mirc. I know what Mirc is but have no clue why it would be necessary to incoperate into the server. Is there something I can do to add these mods/scripts into the server?

Before you suggest I surf your forums. I have already done this for the past couple days and there is a lot of helpful info I've found but nothing that would help me with the above questions. Maybe I am looking in the wrong places but if thats the case could you please direct me to a thread or 2?

Thanks.

No, they haven't synchronized on-foot stuff, so you are locked inside your vehicle. Syncing pedestrians wouldn't be very practical right now, as they have much more important things to accomplish first (like releasing an on-foot deathmatch mod).

Ahh... thank you. Phew.

I was desperately looking for this info.

Well, is there a guess as to an ETA on something like that? I know you guys don't like to put a release date but anything at this point would be appreciated.

I belong to a fairly large Crue who are all avid players of this game. In fact, after seeing your mod on FilePlanet I convinced a large portion of them to go and buy the game.

This concept has so much potential. I absolutely LOVE GTA San Andreas (or just GTA in general). I mean the possiblities are endless.

The fact that this community has made a multi-player version of it rox the cazba.

We aren't really so much into the racing aspect of it though. Don't get me wrong, we love to race. If you go to our site http://www.ubercrue.com we all play a really nice racing game called TrackMania Nations along with Counter-Strike, GuildWars, SilkRoad and now Multi-Theft Auto: San Andreas.

What we are truly interested in is a free roaming, cops & robbers, rpg style of play though.

Is there an e-mail news letter I could sign up to somewhere? We are all VERY interested in the progress of this mod.

& Thanks again.

Well, is there a guess as to an ETA on something like that? I know you guys don't like to put a release date but anything at this point would be appreciated.

No, I don't think the developers even have an ETA for DM. There haven't been any betas released to the QA team yet, so it's too early..

What we are truly interested in is a free roaming, cops & robbers, rpg style of play though.

When the SDK is released, MTA will should be fully moddable allowing people to do stuff like that (with some knowledge of C++).

Is there an e-mail news letter I could sign up to somewhere? We are all VERY interested in the progress of this mod.

There's a blog you can check to get the latest news and progress of the mod (there's some DM stuff on pgs 3-5): https://multitheftauto.com/blog/

Awesome.

Thank you very much error404.

Ok, well. I have some very talented people in my crue. Once the SDK is released I am sure we will have some quality shizzle we can help to contribute to this community.

I will watch the blog relegiously.

GO MTA:SA!

Woot!

:)

I put a link on our site to, maybe you can catch some more traffic/interest. If your site needs some new GFX let us know. We have a lot of sk!llz in that area. I am actually very skilled in making low bw trailers (.wmv format because it's the smallest) maybe we could help this community in some of those aspects.

Anyways, thanks. We'll be watching :)

A free roaming multiplayer would be very cool. As Im seeing it in my mind, there could be gang wars over certain areas of the city, or just an all out war for no reason. It could definately be very cool.

At this point this mod certainly does look interesting, and I for one can't wait to see what else is done with it.

I could imagine a threeway gang war. LS vs SF vs LV

Would require alot of players though.

Also it can be quite simple to organise for a future DM event. Similar events have happened in VC during the past, most players take it as a good laugh, so-called 4 way matches. Clans in SA could just simply represent a region or island of San Andreas if they wish.