[QUESTION] Is there any way to get what player camera sees?

Kazafka

Hi! I wasn't active for quite a long time, because I started playing GTA V.

So I'm back with yet another question! Well, I wanted to know, if there is any way to get, and optionally view it with DX or something, what player camera sees in the moment...

The cause of this, is because I wanted to make a mirror for the cars, so players can easily see what's behind them. Of course, I wanted to add this feature to my whole car system, which's for now including a complete loader for custom shops, speedometer, supported RGB colors and upgrades when saving and reading car info, etc.

BTW, i dont know why, but when i posted this question first, my browser stopped working and the post actually has been added to the forum, sorry for this duplicate.

Any ideas?

Edited by VaporZ
1 minute ago, Patrick said:

Multi Theft Auto still surprises me with it's possibilities. Well, what would I expect from R* games themselves...

Thank you!

8 minutes ago, Patrick said:

The resource that you have gave me is really cool and does the job, but, when I press the control for the mirror, the game starts being laggy... :(

• Moderators
2 hours ago, VaporZ said:

The resource that you have gave me is really cool and does the job, but, when I press the control for the mirror, the game starts being laggy... :(

Yup,

As the resource stated:

- fps is lowered by half, in order to have 25 FPS you need 50 fps (it don't effect the game speed though) - inpasible to fix as camera can not be at two places at the same time

Might be able to modify it, so that you reduce the camera updates to 1/3 of the total fps, but I am not sure if that looks nice since it is an inconsistent frame rate.

Edited by IIYAMA