Server starter

markenic

Hi! I have a VPS with Ubuntu OS, and I would like to make a server starter wich i can use trough a website, so i could manage the server in a website. But the problem is that I don't know how to do it. I thought  I should make a service file wich starts the mta server, and it works fine but it can't stop the server. Do you have an idea how could I make it?

On 19/08/2020 at 03:51, .:CiBeR:. said:

Doing something like that with no experience will create a potential security vulnerability almost 100% sure.
You can use some server administrator that has already been vouched and pentested like webmin http://www.webmin.com/

With this you  can administer your ubuntu box and also launch, monitor and stop your server.
Good luck :)

I am using Ajenti webadmin and it can run service files, this is not the problem. The problem is that I stop the service file but the server is still running:(

• 7 months later...

To administrate my 3 MTA servers I use the discord. I can reboot the servers, send commands to it and things related. All my servers are under containers, so I can easily change the resource limits and so on. It's more "secure" then leaving it on the web, because you can set for your usage only, with your unique DISCORD ID.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...