Turn Respawn Default to off?

Dont get me wrong, I really like this option. But when the map wasnt made for respawning, it can really be a pain in the a**.

Is there a way to change the server default to off? So u only respawn on maps made with respawn in mind.

If it is not possible, maybe we could make it so maps made in 1.1 could be labled as such?

u dont understand my question.

im not asking how to turn it off in the map editor.

im asking, can/how do i set the SERVER default to respawn OFF for maps made with 1.0 MAP EDITOR?

right now, any "kill the other players to win" map made in 1.0 is no fun to play because players always respawn.

indeed, im aware that i can open each map in the editor and change it. (but dont u think it should be the authors problem? it would be a lot easier if all the authors edited their maps for 1.1 themselves. because then we could weed out the bad maps from 1.0)

seriously, all i want is to turn the default to off.

can it be done?

You can't change what maps will default to. Either manually update the maps yourself, or wait for the authors too. If you use the map update tool, it'll download it as soon as its updated on the mta center...

thats what i wanted to know, thank you.

edit: YES YES YES! default map respawn time in server config! YAY YAY YAY

Now i can just set it higher then map time limit!!! Thank You!

Unfortunately that doesent work, if all players die they hace to wait for the maps timelimitwithout even having anyone to spectate on :cry:

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly, it is not that hard to open notepad and change the respawn mode for the maps you are concerned about. I did this on my server and it took all of 10 minutes to do all the maps I have.