Respawns

Guest blackhawk

The respawn feature has greatly reduced the amount of fun I have in MTASA. I used to be able to spend hours on the game but now I find it hard to play for half an hour.

Please limit the respawns somehow next release (or maybe put something else to entertain people while they are dead) People are driving like they have nothing to lose now in races and in cops and robbers it makes the games have no objective so it just turns into freeroam or a derby, very few people actually chase the robbers now.

Respawning is optional and set by the map creator. It's unfortuante that ALL of the release maps have respawn enabled, and that MTA enables respawn on old maps by default. Maybe over time servers will start disabling it on the maps that don't need it.

I run a server and I agree, respawn should be disabled by default. And as far as I know you cant make it so in the server config. If you set the default respawn time as high as the map timelimit everybody might die andhave to watch nothingness untill the maps timelimit hits :x

The only way to totally disable respawning on maps is actually in the map editor, not in the server. It is unfortunate that all the included maps have respawn on by default, but if it is such a pain for the server admins then they should just edit the maps and turn it off, or just simply remove those maps.

I think that respawning according to the map is the best solution.So,if the map has 1 or more checkpoints in it(race) then you CANNOT respawn.If it's a freeroam or one of many stunt maps then you can respawn all you like since it isnt harming anyone.As for 'Cops and robbers' and such maps,make it a race,with 1 checkpoint somewhere where you cannot reach it(like out at sea) and everyone will be forced to ram eachother to the death.I hope a developer reads my idea and thinks about it :)