[REL] Multi Selection Tool Ultimate

1 hour ago, IIYAMA said:

Looks very nice! ?

Btw. you have currently tagged your topic as [SHOW], you might want to consider change it to [REL] since you actually released it.

Thanks, yea my bad I should have named it as REL but it seems like I can't edit it now. Maybe a moderator can do it.

• 4 weeks later...

Version 1.1 Released:

- Added GUI themes

PREVIEW

- Added Raytrace for 2D selection

Raytrace is a new option for 2D (rectangular) selection which selects elements only in your sight of view (skipping elements behind other elements). This option might be much more useful, just keep in mind this method uses 9 (or only 1 if crossing is disabled) characteristic points of each element and it doesn't work perfect in some cases. You can always toggle raytrace in settings (It's called "Raytrace for 2D selection", if it is selected it will be enabled as default) or using a key (which can be changed in settings as well, 'R' is default key), you can use the key no matter if this option is enabled or disabled.

PREVIEW

- Added axes lock

This option allows you to move groups along XYZ axes. It works similar to editor axes lock but in this case you can toggle this option both in tool settings and using a key ('Q' is default key).

- Info about tool in chatbox is more clear, added command /mstu to open HUD, shared welcome_message.Lua file where you can edit / remove this message.
- Added ped different alpha when selected
- Fixed marker alpha doesn't change after group destroy
- Improved drawing bounding box for race pickups and spawnpoints

Download links have been updated.
I'm not going to release version 1.2 any soon but if you find any bug I'll add a fixed version immadiately. I will think about more updates if I get more support and interesting ideas (mirror option for example).

IF YOU DOWNLOADED 1.0 VERSION DO NOT DELETE OLD cover.xml and library.xml FILES BECAUSE YOU WILL LOSE ALL SAVED GROUPS AND COVER COMPOSITIONS.

• 7 months later...

Version 1.2 Released:

Mirror tool

This feature enables you to mirror groups or single elements around X, Y or Z axis. It has few options:

- Changing distance between mirror and original elements
- Ruler which checks distance between 2 surfaces. Might be useful in setting distance between original and mirror elements but also in mapping overall.
- Reset position and show / hide green surface which determinates mirror's position
- Auto update and update button to see preview of mirrored elements
- Enable / disable adding collisions and mirror shader
- Model filter where you can add exceptions for elements which should have collisions enabled (useful for symmetrical objects)

Important limits:

- all mirrored objects are double-sided and have disabled collisions by default (you can add exceptions and enable collisions for symmetrical objects, watch video for more info). It is because many objects are assymetrical and a special shader is needed.
- all mirrored objects have disabled alpha animation when they appear because their draw distance is about 5-10% worse than normal objects (due to MTA bug/limitation). More info in the video.

Important notes:

- Tool can mirror most of popular element types: object, vehicle, ped, marker, race pickup, race spawnpoint
- Cloning mirrored elements is possible in both ways as a group or a single element.
- Duplicating mirrored elements is possible.
- Mirrored objects with mirror effect (no collision, double-sided, with shader):

• Are not visible in a right form when the tool is not running (while normal playing tool isn't required of course)
  •  Will lose that effect if any property is edited in object properties (keep in mind that object property ≠ group property and also if you really want to edit property of a single object you can use 'Add mirror effect' button to recover mirror effect)
  •  Cannot be mirrored twice. Technically you can do it but it won't be mirrored properly as long as the object isn't symmetrical.
  •  Cannot be covered (just cover them before mirroring)
  •  Can be detected by wand selector as a separated group
  •  Cannot be loaded by tool's library with the mirror effect
  •  Script loader must support getElementByID function

[Image: AdyswZU.png]

Duplicate 2.0

- Added option of duplicating single elements, not only groups. You can also mix it and duplicate groups and single element alternately.
- Added 'Linear' option which blocks rotation change (duplicated elements have the same rotation as their parents)
- Added elements preview
- Improved duplicating with 'Between' option - now elements are created alternately (in version 1.0 only 1st selection was duplicated).
- Duplicate tool is now hidden in sub-window with slightly changed GUI. Press duplicate image icon to use this tool.

Other improvements

[COVER] Added option of covering single elements.
[COVER] Fixed cover preview sometimes shows wrong objects.
[COVER] Cover preview is now visible even while creating a group (red objects). Same goes to new mirror feature.
[UI] Interface is more clear now:

[Image: JYRF72g.png]

[UI] 'Wand options' button is now hidden until you select Wand selection.
[UI] Added info about image buttons in main interface (when they are selected)
[SETTINGS] Added setting which changes sensivity of rotation movement. It applies to normal movement (slow & fast movement don't change). It is primarily useful when you want to rotate by 45/90 degrees way faster (this way of rotation change is much better than in group properties).
[ELEMENT PROPERTIES] Effect of changing object's doubleside property is now visible. But keep in mind that map editor always makes objects doublesided so after next map loading this effect will be visible only while testing. Same goes to collisions.
[MSTU] Overall improvements and bug fixes

New features introduction

0.jpg

IF YOU HAVE PREVIOUS VERSION DO NOT DELETE / REPLACE cover.xml and library.xml FILES BECAUSE YOU WILL LOSE ALL SAVED GROUPS AND COVER COMPOSITIONS.

[Image: zhqaZ9j.png]

If you want to support me you can do it HERE. Supporters would motivate me to release version 1.3 in the future. What you could expect in 1.3:
- Apply textures to whole groups with 1 click. Use either custom textures or pick something from tool's library.
- Apply shaders to any group. Use custom shaders or choose one from tool's library. You could even edit shader's parameters.
- Edit brightness of objects. Experienced mappers know it well that some objects are too bright or too dark and they don't fit with other parts. With this small feature it'd be easier.

I hope you enjoyed it and feel free to report bugs and leave a feedback!
Edited by Krzysztof
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 29/07/2021 at 17:17, THEGizmo said:

@KrzysztofPerhaps you did not think about adding a translation in several languages, because I can speak English in average and I get lost in some options, so to speak. too advanced xD 

Unfortunately I'm not planning to translate it. You can watch video tutorials or use translator. You can translate tutorial of 1.0 version https://kr1s96.github.io/mstu/tutorial, it explains all features from 1.0 so everything except mirror and few minor things.

23 hours ago, Krzysztof said:

Unfortunately I'm not planning to translate it. You can watch video tutorials or use translator. You can translate tutorial of 1.0 version https://kr1s96.github.io/mstu/tutorial, it explains all features from 1.0 so everything except mirror and few minor things.

It's a pity because I would help, also it's a pity that there is no table with every 'inscription', I would just translate it but everything is coded

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Version 1.2.1 Released:

• Fixed bug which didn't allow to move groups in version 1.6
  • Fixed problem with archived editor. Tool can now extract it automatically.
  • Fixed mirroring groups across Z axis in mirror tool
  • MSTU is now open source (except libs). Feel free to modify it as you like. Just do not publish modifications without my permission.

I also updated tutorial where all updates are included
LINK

Download link
> DOWNLOAD <

IF YOU HAVE PREVIOUS VERSION DO NOT DELETE / REPLACE cover.xml and library.xml FILES BECAUSE YOU WILL LOSE ALL SAVED GROUPS AND COVER COMPOSITIONS.
  • Thanks 1