[Blog] General Update (by eAi)

Brophy

Hi everyone...

You've not heard from me for some time as I've been somewhat busy with some Real Life things and as soon as I had some time to spare, my hard disk with all my MTA stuff on decided to die on me. Then the company that sent me my replacement hard disk decided to send me the wrong one... Anyway, I've finally got mostly up and running again, and I hope to be doing blog posts more often!

Race 1.1 is looking good, we've just got a few issues left to fix and we want to do some more work on the anti-cheat system (which I'm sure most of our players will be pleased about), but its almost done. We actually think that the anti-cheat has worked pretty well so far in Race 1.0, so it can only get better!

I've done some work today on deathmatch that I can't really discuss right yet, but deathmatch is looking pretty good. Once we've got race 1.1 out the door we'll be able to concentrate on deathmatch much more and hopefully have some media to show you soon.

Anyway, not much to say - watch this space for more information as to how race 1.1 is coming on :)

Good good.

Nice blog post there, unfortunate about data loss if any, I myself must have had two hard drives blow up on me the past few months, one recently, the other, litterally went up into white smoke!

I didn't lose much luckily, but its still a pain :( Never had a hard disk go up in smoke, they tend to just crash and die...
Good good.

Nice blog post there, unfortunate about data loss if any, I myself must have had two hard drives blow up on me the past few months, one recently, the other, litterally went up into white smoke!

I didn't lose much luckily, but its still a pain :( Never had a hard disk go up in smoke, they tend to just crash and die...

Dont leave yr PC on all day? :P

But good to see a few fixes left 8)

both statements are true... turning if off saves power and things that are used a lot (like fans and harddisk spinning and the heat of some components.) break faster, but the whole boot of the pc allso isn't that good...

My pc is mostly on all day, and I turn it off @ night... a method somewhere between those other 2. it saves energy @ night and only starts up once a day. I don't turn it off when I go away.