2 comp + router NEED HELP

Guest Baltsar

Hello, just bought a D-link (DI-604). I got two computers and have managed to get em both on Internet. Here is how I done

Comp 1, Comp 2 (MTA Server)

| |

| |

\ /

\ /

------

Router D-link

---------

|

|

-------

ADSL-Modem (Internet)

I have opened ports (22126, 44003, 22003) Virtual Server section in D-link menu or what ya call it.

So I made a MTA server on Comp 2 and tried to join the server with Comp 1 but I just get Connection Timed out. I have setup the D-link to Dynamic IP, I'm new on this so I don't really know what's Dynamic Ip is anyway :P.

So, why can't I join Comp 2 server? Is it because we sharing same IP?? I have turned off windows firewall on both computers.

Apprecite for all help I can get!

Dynamic IP is where a client is assigned an IP address by a DHCP server. Every time the client connects and is assgined an IP address by the DHCP server, the IP will be different.

If you're wanting to play on the internal network you shouldn't need to open ports anyway, since all opening the ports is for is so that you can initiate direct connection with outside computers.

Also you should be able to connect to the server on comp 2 fine, unless you have a firewall or something blocking it. Disable Windows Firewall and try again.

If you're unsuccessful, post back here again and I'll try to help further.

i have disabled the firewalls and antivirus program, it ain't working :(. I tried to find my server in the server browser but I couldn't find it, that's strange I have opened all the ports that can be opened for this game :S

i have disabled the firewalls and antivirus program, it ain't working :(. I tried to find my server in the server browser but I couldn't find it, that's strange I have opened all the ports that can be opened for this game :S

The server browser doesn't show local servers...

And connecting to your Internet IP is useless, connect to the local IP of the server.

Hello, just bought a D-link (DI-604). I got two computers and have managed to get em both on Internet. Here is how I done

Comp 1, Comp 2 (MTA Server)

| |

| |

\ /

\ /

------

Router D-link

---------

|

|

-------

ADSL-Modem (Internet)

I have opened ports (22126, 44003, 22003) Virtual Server section in D-link menu or what ya call it.

So I made a MTA server on Comp 2 and tried to join the server with Comp 1 but I just get Connection Timed out. I have setup the D-link to Dynamic IP, I'm new on this so I don't really know what's Dynamic Ip is anyway :P.

So, why can't I join Comp 2 server? Is it because we sharing same IP?? I have turned off windows firewall on both computers.

Apprecite for all help I can get!

Make sure you're typing the correct IP. Type the internal IP of the computer that the server is on (ie 192.168.0.X, go to Run > cmd and type ipconfig to find it) if that's not what you were doing already.

edit: opps, didn't see leviathon's post :P