Memory error

I get these 2 errors when I run the MTA Client. I see the small Loading... screen for a second, then these appear.

gta_sa.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x83cb2885" referenced memory at "0x83cb2885". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program

gta_sa.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x02264742" referenced memory at "0x02264742". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program

I reinstalled MTA, but still get those. GTA starts up and runs just fine, this only happens when I try to use MTA.

When you post a help request in this section, try to give us as much information about your problem as you can. This includes the following:

• detailed information about the error
    a description of what is visually shown on screen
    any error noises you may hear
    maybe a screenshot if possible
    your system specs
    which version of the game and executable you are running
    your location

Providing the above will help us out to sort your problem rather than just saying "MTA doesn't work".

when i try to run the MTA client, i see the MTA Loading... screen that pops up for a second as usual.

after that, i see these errors...

clp2.jpg

i click OK, then i get this one...

clp3.jpg

i click OK on that one also, and thats it.

everythis else is normal, no weird noises or anything.

my system specs:

Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHz

1GB PC3200 DDR Ram

Sony DRU810A DVDRW

Nvidia Geforce 6600GT 128MB PCI-Express

Onboard Realtek 8 channel HD audio

Windows XP Pro SP2

game is running on a clean install on version 1.00

I live in USA

I have been able to run & play MTA for the last 2 weeks without any problems until now.

Ok, when was the last time you installed Windows? I remember I used to get memory errors trying to run any of the Half Life games, I tried EVERYTHING to get it working but no luck, eventually I reinstalled Windows and it worked. I guess there must have been something that corrupted somewhere which caused it not to work.

just updated my nvidia drivers a few days ago to the 83.90 Beta drivers.

Are you still using the newest nVidia drivers in your second install? In other words did your problem start after you installed the latest drivers a couple of days ago?

Sometimes installing new drivers can cause problems....or with XP the Windows File Protection can cause issues with drivers.

did you install any C++ custom mods and not uninstall them, such as GTA Rumble? These may conflict with memory addresses and stop GTA from starting in mta, and uninstalling GTA wont remove such mods. Look for any .dlls in your gtasa directory which contain 'd3d9.dll' or 'd3dx9' and remove them.

Nope, didn't add any mods or anything. there are no d3d9 or d3dx9 dll's. The only thing I did, was install GTA:SA then MTA and thats it. I played MTA for about 2 weeks before this happened. Nothing was added, modded, or installed for GTA/MTA.

This same exact thing happened to me. When I installed it I could play for about a month. Then one day I get home and boom out of nowhere I get those stupid errors and cant play anymore. :cry: