Free Roaming +bot mod?

Guest therock

Question

OK, I'm sorry, I did read what you guy's said, (about looking for a similar topics) I looked but I really couldn't find the answer, to what I'm looking for, so I hope you guy's can help me.

I own GTA:SA, for the ps2, but not for the PC, (yet depending) but I'm looking in to it, for LAN.

Now, what I want, to know, is there, a mod/way to have, Free Roaming +have bots, walking around, and driving? (Just like in single play) but in LAN?

For me that's fun, running around shooting car's/people.

If there is one, how much, if any, lag would there be on LAN?, and only having two people in the server? (+the bots of course)

You would think they would have a mod like that, but I wanted to make sure before, buying it.

Edited by Guest

18 answers to this question

^ that really suck's.

All I want is the GTA world, but with two people insted of one......

Er... can't you do that with the PS2 anyway?

And error404: eAi said he'd look into it at some point (a long way in the future, no doubt) so don't rule it out entirely.

I've craved a two player co-operative mod for gta for some years now. When I discussed it with Smithers early on he initially decided his mod would take that route, for some reason they changed thier plans and became more 'mainstream'.

It still amazes me that no team has tackled this unique challenge so far rather than making 'just another multiplayer mod'

It is just a matter of taste .

If your someone that likes co-op mission game a mod like that would apply to you, but if your more into a normal first/third person shooter mta is more your thing.

A co-op mission mod would be interesting the only problem with it is you have to have the second person to play with you otherwise it would just be the normal game , if that part wasnt changed.

Sorry to bring up and old thread, but saves creating a new one.

While i agree that adding AI bots does take a little bit of extra bandwidth, if MTA: SA devs can allow people to create AI bots when they release the SDK (at least have users give the ability to code one in SDK), i think it would be better alternative than nothing.

I see the AI bots would be mostly used on LAN, but however, again, as other people said above, would create more fun :)

Thanks,

MetalMayem

P.S. It is my number #1 wish too :P

Sorry to bring up and old thread, but saves creating a new one.

While i agree that adding AI bots does take a little bit of extra bandwidth, if MTA: SA devs can allow people to create AI bots when they release the SDK (at least have users give the ability to code one in SDK), i think it would be better alternative than nothing.

Yeah, the SDK will be something.

In single-player, if you gamble a lot and get in debt, you get a bountie. A few minutes later, you get attacked from 2-5 dudes on bikes with guns. Maybe with this AI code you could make a bot to roam around and kill at random.

Could be something... Can't wait for the SDK

Co-op would be possible, I think, if people set there mind to it, now i dont know any programming language atall, but i have the common sense to think of features possible to make, ways of making things work ect, you could stream the peds, and make paramaters, so you make areas, say, you could have grove streets to the beach as a area, and the rest blocked off by collision paramters, so you can play co-op with normal things with about 32 players so its not to cramped

you get attacked from 2-5 dudes on bikes with guns. Maybe with this AI code you could make a bot to roam around and kill at random.

Being able to set a gang of bikers like that on other players would be great fun. There's also AI controlling the police when they pursue you. In fact with a little tweaking itd' be quite possible to get bots up and running, the problem is then making them run with and synch with mta itself if you wanted anything other than an offline pseudo-multiplayer experience