My MTA keeps freezing at random times

Backsage

Question

Hello. So as I'm playing in a server, like CIT server for example, I noticed that every once in a while at some random time as I'm playing, my MTA will just freeze. And the issue is never able to fix itself, it just stays there frozen. So I have to force quit MTA. And then if I join the server again, it'll end up freezing up again at some point. I would like to know what is causing this and how to resolve it. I am using MTA 1.5.7 version.

3 answers to this question

Hi @Backsage,

I would recommend you to drive pulling a fresh installation of your MTA:SA.
The reason behind the freeze could also be hardware related, but let's try and exclude that for now.

Try the following:

If none of the above fix your issue, I would start looking into any malware/hardware malfunctions.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

On 09/12/2019 at 02:43, Howlze said:

Hi @Backsage,

I would recommend you to drive pulling a fresh installation of your MTA:SA.
The reason behind the freeze could also be hardware related, but let's try and exclude that for now.

Try the following:

If none of the above fix your issue, I would start looking into any malware/hardware malfunctions.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Removing the resources folder and installing the nightly MTA build seems to have fixed the issue. Have not experienced that freezing issue. Glad it had nothing to do with my hardware. Thank you!

18 hours ago, Backsage said:

Removing the resources folder and installing the nightly MTA build seems to have fixed the issue. Have not experienced that freezing issue. Glad it had nothing to do with my hardware. Thank you!

You are very welcome!

Happy MTA'ing :-)