MTA vs SA-MP

TesoMayn

Which is better?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• MTA
    • SA-MP

By coming to the MTA forums and asking which mod is better, you are only going to get one answer. But hey, at least here there can be some sort of discourse. On the SA-MP forums, even a small hint towards the notion of MTA will usually see you swiftly banned.

I remember looking through old threads here one day. There was discussion and speculation about how Kyle (or whatever his name is) actually stole some of MTA's early code to make SA-MP. If my memory serves me correctly, I believe he was even a member of the MTA Team at some point in time circa 2004 or 2005. I guess that is a real testament to the way each mod is run.

Politics aside, I find MTA to be much heavier on the system. The game is old enough so that shouldn't even be a factor anymore. But the trade off with that is, you get a ton more features. The extensibility of CEGUI, DirectX and CEF is honestly really amazing. All of these are a ton better than the server-side GUIs that SA-MP offers. I find MTA to be generally just made better.

MTA is also open-source, whereas SA-MP isn't - if that sort of thing is important to you.

• Like 2

I have 7 years using SA:MP, but at this date that mod dont get any important update, the users claim for more security, free internet list in the client and dont get any reply for the main developer, i bring to MTA for the new features and the most important thing, the security.

Edited by Archinet
  • 2 months later...

SA-MP is dead. Kalcor said it "officially" he banned most of the cool people and now just sits while SA-MP makes him pile of money from Hosted tab. Not doing anything but just releasing some revisions from time to time. There is now this project called "open.mp" they want to be backwards compatible with SAMP and also add some of their own functions, i have mixed feelings about it. 

44 minutes ago, Fear_ said:

SA-MP is dead. Kalcor said it "officially" he banned most of the cool people and now just sits while SA-MP makes him pile of money from Hosted tab. Not doing anything but just releasing some revisions from time to time. There is now this project called "open.mp" they want to be backwards compatible with SAMP and also add some of their own functions, i have mixed feelings about it. 

And people still think openMP will be released xD

• Haha 1
  • 2 months later...

I don't see the need to compare MTA and SA:MP platforms at all? MTA is a much more optimized game and more users play it.

Some people haven't figured it out yet, but over time they will ;) 

Edited by Kiklop SkillArena
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I will explain the reason for one reason. I played SA-MP, but I didn't like it at all. Because when you lower the game, the mouse pointer stays on the top left, and to move it, you need to go into the GTA files and add GTA, and in this case, do not worry about not leaving GTA. You just have to move the mouse pointer

• 1 year later...

SA-MP, because it is the only one that its run on good FPS on my system. Consider that there is lower chance of hardware spyware in older systems.

Just now, Mahdi1984 said:

SA-MP, because it is the only one that its run on good FPS on my system. Consider that there is lower chance of hardware spyware in older systems.

it is the only one that runs on good FPS *