[QUESTION] Using UV Channel 2 in shaders

I would like to try and make a shader/script that applies baked lighting to models and to do so I need to access UV Channel 2 of the custom models.
Does GTA even support models with a second UV channel and if so, how can I access the channel in the shader code?

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, megaman54 said:

I would like to try and make a shader/script that applies baked lighting to models and to do so I need to access UV Channel 2 of the custom models.
Does GTA even support models with a second UV channel and if so, how can I access the channel in the shader code?

To answer your question about 2nd UV channel support; yes. GTA SA uses 1st channel for its diffuse map, while the 2nd channel is used for its reflection or chrome map. This map is used as a fake environment map that scrolls horizontally through the vehicle surface as it moves.

cscopcarla92.xvehicleenv128.png

I have no idea what it takes to script this.

32 minutes ago, Tut said:

To answer your question about 2nd UV channel support; yes. GTA SA uses 1st channel for its diffuse map, while the 2nd channel is used for its reflection or chrome map. This map is used as a fake environment map that scrolls horizontally through the vehicle surface as it moves.

cscopcarla92.xvehicleenv128.png

I have no idea what it takes to script this.

Thank you! I guess I have to do some tests with shaders until someone responds.

• Like 1