MTA Crash

JoaoZanetti

Question

5 answers to this question

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team

First make sure that your affected players are using the latest MTA version, because some issues were fixed recently.

Tell them to re-download MTA from https://multitheftauto.com/ to get the update

Also, your own MTADiag log doesn't include any of these crashes. If they next report a crash to you, then first check their version (if it's atleast r18664, from homepage) and if it is, then collect MTADiag log of your players to forward.

Note: you can also make sure they are updated by setting <minclientversion> in mtaserver.conf to 1.5.6-9.18664.0 or executing this with runcode: 

srun setServerConfigSetting("minclientversion", "1.5.6-9.18664.0", true)

Most of the time its not a crash screen, MTA just freeze and you need to close on task manager, i think this type of crash don't log anything to report files. I just run this command on F8 and MTA started a update, i will keep track if this reduce the number of crashes.

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team
5 minutes ago, JoaoZanetti said:

Most of the time its not a crash screen, MTA just freeze and you need to close on task manager, i think this type of crash don't log anything to report files. I just run this command on F8 and MTA started a update, i will keep track if this reduce the number of crashes.

If it keeps happening to a number of players after they updated, then tell them to put a file called debug.txt into MTA installation folder root (next to Multi Theft Auto.exe) and to hold & release CTRL R + CTRL L simultaneously when it freezes again. That will force MTA to crash, it's a feature designed to investigate freezes.

After that, please provide us the crash dumps from MTA San Andreas 1.5\MTA\dumps\private, we can use them to find the cause of a freeze.

2 minutes ago, Dutchman101 said:

If it keeps happening to a number of players after they updated, then tell them to put a file called debug.txt into MTA installation folder root (next to Multi Theft Auto.exe) and to hold CTRL R + CTRL L simultaneously when it freezes again. That will force MTA to crash, it's a feature designed to investigate freezes.

After that, please provide us the crash dumps from MTA San Andreas 1.5\MTA\dumps\private, we can use them to find the cause of a freeze.

Thanks!

I will keep this thread updated if crashes don't stop.

On 16/06/2019 at 14:37, Dutchman101 said:

If it keeps happening to a number of players after they updated, then tell them to put a file called debug.txt into MTA installation folder root (next to Multi Theft Auto.exe) and to hold & release CTRL R + CTRL L simultaneously when it freezes again. That will force MTA to crash, it's a feature designed to investigate freezes.

Today game crashed 2x in 30 min. Using CTRL R + CTRL L didn't worked, process keep not responding and no crash screen showed up.