[Custom Animations] Can't figure out how to make movable anims

haron4igg

Hi. Im trying to use new API which allows you to replace default animations with custom one.

I'm trying to create set of lay-down-shoting/moving animations to replace default:
WEAPON_crouch, GunCrouchFwd, GunCrouchBwd, Crouch_Roll_L, Crouch_Roll_R

Animation were created via 3dsmax/KAM's script, replacement succed, but when i activate this anim, for example for instead of  Crouch_Roll_L anim, new animation doesn't apply position change to ped. so it just rolls on one place.

Any ideas what are we doing wrong?)

Edited by haron4igg

Don't replace the original animations unless you want to change the way the player holds a gun or something. The new animation functions allow you to use new animations without removing others. Also moving animations move by the animation itself. Get the gta3.img file and pick a walking animation then load it in 3ds. You'll see how it works. 

I want to replace crouch animations to let ped move naturally without additional scripting. We saw how original anims working. we even got one orignal animation, loaded it to 3dmax, then exported and replaced. Animation become static after replacement. In game its being played for example when i'm trying to roll left, but user position is not changing, ped just stays on same location.

Just tested replacement with original ped arcive. And everything works fine, so it seems like just importing/exporting with KAM's script brokes the animation.