S.A.R.L - San Andreas Racing league - Entrants, discussions

Question

If u get 4 persons in a race and ever1 of them wanna race different car, will the car be choosen by the ref or it will be 4 races with 4 different cars and the persons that gets the biggest ammount of points (like 4 for 1st, 3 for 2nd etc) win?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If u get 4 persons in a race and ever1 of them wanna race different car, will the car be choosen by the ref or it will be 4 races with 4 different cars and the persons that gets the biggest ammount of points (like 4 for 1st, 3 for 2nd etc) win?

I would imagine the majority of races would be single-class ones, it'd be pretty tough to balance otherwise as there can be massive discrepencies between different vehicles speeds. I'd hope nothing too unbalanced would make it into the release, same goes for anything we create specifically for S.A.R.L.

The exceptions would be the 'chaos mode' races like the giants v golfcarts and smugglers run featured in the preview videos.

Spitfire: Not sure what text we will require as yet. I mean for a start is it worth having a forum or do we just use this one? I'd figured you could just make empty buttons and we add the text when we know

Ok added.

We've all been so busy playing the release that not much has been done in regards to SARL in the last few days. However, spitfire has some up with some nice graphics for the site previous to the release and I've begun to make a basic template (as no proper website coder has come forward yet).

I have friday off work (and may even have my broadband connected by then) so intend to devote some hours to getting the initial site up.

We need to decide on some scoring, what happens if all players die in a race for instance (quite likely in some of the DUO match maps being created) Do we give points depending on order of death? Do we give no points at all, do we give a single point to the team that got to the furthest checkpoint? (in race maps)

What do you think?

I don't have a dog.

Anyway, I've just about had enough of swearing at the broken html in my attempt at making the website. I think I'll take a whole new track and use something pre-made (like the setup Oli used for the EU league perhaps). Might not be so satisfying but at least it should WORK!. Any recommendations?

Meanwhile the first duo/small team map created for SARL is ready for public abuse.

http://center.mtasa.com/?p=race&r=816

I think any setup will do,like you sed.. as long as it works.

Dont worry about the website to many,a good working competition is enough satisfying ;)

btw if u had trouble reading the images,then i'll sign us up now

Duo team

The tag is [H2so4] wich means *Sulfur Oxides And Oxoacids*

The players in the duo team are [FMJ]U.F.F.E and me [uVA]Sp*rkY

We keep our own names and take [H2so4] tag.

ty

Added.

We hope to have the first rounds of the solo championship this weekend. Probably with a lowish player limit to enable all to get a decent start and test actual race skills rather than the chaos that can ensue with a large group starting the race, we have around 20 entrants so far so perhaps rounds of 10 player races and a single 20 player round for fun?

p.s. need some map suggestions, if youve played a decent user-made map that you think would be suitable then let us know here so it can be checked out. These can be straight race or deathmatch varieties.