What is your first MTA Memory?

alt-f12

good old gta3am (that's gta3:mta 0.1a for you noobs)

i tried that version in those days but it did not work with windows ME, then i tried 0.2a, only time i remember that working on my comp whas when i saw a car crashing by and then timed out after that i read the next version was xp only so i waited some time then i finnaly got windows xp and heard about vice city 0.3r2 first server i joined was the ronflonflon stunt server

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I barely remember, but it was a long time ago on one of the first versions (.2 or .1) on my old computer. I only played it a couple of times because the objects would barely render for me and I thought it was some crappy, invisible, new map. Later I tried 0.3 on my new computer, followed by 0.4.1 for GTA3 and was hooked. :D

Ive read bout mta 0.2 on a polish gta site (gta.pl lol) but i didnt had internet connection at my home so i took my hard drive to a cafe, installed mta and joined some netherland server. There was a 12 old boy which i joined with becoz he was like 'omg jigga, not u again', unfortunatly i cant rtemember his name. There was a portugese guy called BizzyBone who was owning everybody and i was sure he was cheating, lol. There was also a triathlonist who nicked himself 'hitman' and had a different skin (coz everybody had mex's :P). I was driving around in the stinger tryin to kill.... and i get addicted... i spend like 5 hrs a day in that cafe, forgot bout school and that my money was limited.... :)

going into partyserver and jumping into stubby wars while there were hoards of KFC, DNA, FKU, VCA, and a bunch of other guys all fighting/teaming. My stats were like 4-1000

I didnt know we had weapons so I tried going up to people trying to fist fight their stubbies for like my first 20 deaths, or picking up weapons from people when they died

I remember when one of the first GTA:LC multiplayer mods came out and I waited through the credits, then chose Mafia. I saw some blips that I thought were other players in the middle of a building and it took me like 10 minutes to figure out that it was just the models of the mafia and their enemy.

A vague memory I think is true is that I saw mta around its start time and remembered to look back at it later when I had a better pc. I remember clearly at one point, still on my shitty WIN98 pc ($800 Wal-Mart bought Hewlett Packard :lol:), I downloaded GTA3 rip from Kazaa on 56k (this 300mb rip it was the most terrible thing ever, I was still a pretty big pc noob back then) just cause I wanted to try GTA3:MTA 0.3 so bad. After I finally figured out how to install that pos kazaa downloaded GTA3 I installed GTA3 0.3, connected onto a server with 2 players with my 56k, was in a diablo car, came out of the parking lot, saw a guy coming at me very choppy, almost drove over to hit him, and crashed. I got a whole 10 seconds of playtime. I think I tried again but just crashed quicker. Then I deleted everything and came back just pre-mtavc 0.1 on a new pc when I remembered it. :lol:

I remember spending at least an hour and a half trying to get past the credits sequence in GTA3:MTA 0.3b. I had to play by myself because no-one else was playing. It was still fun though. I then tried MTA:VC 0.3r2 when I finally upgraded to Windows XP.

...I downloaded GTA3 rip from Kazaa on 56k (this 300mb rip it was the most terrible thing ever, I was still a pretty big pc noob back then) just cause I wanted to try GTA3:MTA 0.3 so bad. After I finally figured out how to install that pos kazaa downloaded GTA3 I installed GTA3 0.3, connected onto a server with 2 players with my 56k...

no warez!!! :roll: /me calls the police

cheers to you for the effort of d/ling over 300mb on a 56k tho :D

my first memory of it had to be around when it first came out. only 2 player support and ya had to only be in cars. when a friend and I tried to play together and he joined the game, I fondly remember my car flying and spinning really high in the air :P we decided to wait to play till the next version. :wink: Yeah Prontera, I remember that one on one too. that was a good fight 8)

...I downloaded GTA3 rip from Kazaa on 56k (this 300mb rip it was the most terrible thing ever, I was still a pretty big pc noob back then) just cause I wanted to try GTA3:MTA 0.3 so bad. After I finally figured out how to install that pos kazaa downloaded GTA3 I installed GTA3 0.3, connected onto a server with 2 players with my 56k...

:P A moderator talking about warez :lol:

:P A moderator talking about warez :lol:

so?

• 2 weeks later...

My first memory was when i

downloaded MTA 0.3 at GAMESPOT.com

i joined the server

and this sailor Trainer n00b was chasing me

around on foot (he was moving super fast :shock: )

This isnt my first memory, but my first Dodo backflip

was successfully performed in MTA! 8)

i felt so....:big9: