Doball's Network Test Results (MTA 0.3b)

Do you think further testing would be appropriate?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think further testing would be appropriate?

• Yes
    • No

i was just curious,i'm sure at the begging you said you was using a network thingy, which is faster than 56k...and the settings on the client are for 56? (i assume thats why its there for) i mean i dunno if it makes any difference, but i know on my comp it defaults to 128 everytime i start, do different things happen on different settings? is it just there to look pretty? are some things not sync'd on the slower speed whilst on the faster its more reliable?

anyways *stays quiet* u get what i'm on about right? :o

You know how I get to the other 2 islands?

I use the intercity highway Mod to get over there.

Take A load of this,

You Get into a car and type *Bangbangbang*

You'll See What will happend.

i was just curious,i'm sure at the begging you said you was using a network thingy, which is faster than 56k...and the settings on the client are for 56? (i assume thats why its there for) i mean i dunno if it makes any difference, but i know on my comp it defaults to 128 everytime i start, do different things happen on different settings? is it just there to look pretty? are some things not sync'd on the slower speed whilst on the faster its more reliable?

I put the connection speed on 56k because somebody on the forum said it worked better than putting it to 512k, but I don't actually know if this is true or not. Either way even if I did change it to 512k (max setting available) all the bugs I listed would still happen :(. I think they should add a connection speed for LAN, this way I know I would be using the right setting :P

Edited by Guest
I put the connection speed on 56k because somebody on the forum said it worked better than putting it to 512k, but I don't actually know if this is true or not. Either way even if I did change it to 512k (max setting available) all the bugs I listed would still happen . I think they should add a connection speed for LAN, this way I know I would be using the right setting

It is recommended to leave it on its default connection type 128KB (14Kb/s) for all connections. I use it both on LAN and via ISDN (internet) hardly without any difference in lag.

15. Players have 900 health, but they die when it goes to about 800 (well they disappear ). I have recently been told by "me" (the person on the forums not actually me ) that MTA did this to avoid the wasted message you get in Grand Theft Auto 3, but my thought would be to put the player's health at 101 and you die when it gets to 1. It will look better

Suppose you have 3 remaining hitpoints, and you got shot with a shotgun or blown up by some explosion, what do you think would happen?

Anyways, as you said it's still a beta version, and maybe we can return to a normal amount of hitpoints and let the player die normally. I haven't really spent much time on it, I just solved it like this for now. Details...

It is recommended to leave it on its default connection type 128KB (14Kb/s) for all connections. I use it both on LAN and via ISDN (internet) hardly without any difference in lag.

Cheers for the help Trx :D. I will do all further testing (for this version) using 128k.

Suppose you have 3 remaining hitpoints, and you got shot with a shotgun or blown up by some explosion, what do you think would happen?

Anyways, as you said it's still a beta version, and maybe we can return to a normal amount of hitpoints and let the player die normally. I haven't really spent much time on it, I just solved it like this for now. Details...

Good point, but I'm sure over there in the MTA developing warehouse (:P) you guys could sort out the "if you had 3 hit points and got shot with a shotgun" problem :P

Does anyone realized, no matther how much kbps you put you still can't kill a player in GTA3MTA 0.3. You only can kill him under his Standing condition. If the other player walking around in thier com, you'll never get to shoot him. Especially your computer is the Server for the season.

It has to do with Sync problem, like the point to point animation slow by 0.5sec. Which mean, for the enemy in your com to move. It will late start by 0.5sec.

To explain why i wrote these message.

Since the enemy late start by 0.5sec in your com's screen, You AIM him correctly and shoot.

In your screen=> You hit the other Player(Enemy)

In other player screen=> You didn't hit him

It means, being server has a Faster Data Connection but A Client has a delayed Data Connection.

I hope MTA_TEAM can take this bug report as a improvement in later MTA versions. :wink:

1. When I drownded in a car I respawned in the car I drowned in on the roof. This only happened once out of the three times I tried it. Also my life only dropped to 800 till I respawned.

I 2 post a remarque on a bug I noticed respawning onto the roof after being roadkill. (anim(animation) remarque)

I didn't drown, I got roadkilled WHILE I was diving aside ( = anim when jumping right or left when you are 2-3feet away from a car moving towards you). ... And allready started rofling thinking I avoided another roadkill ... . But to my surprize the animation (diving!) commenced ontop off the respawnroof bumping my head on to the rooftop, instead off just respawing as a static player. (what's normally the case)

So I hope you understand what I'm saying here :o:roll: . To bad I didn't that a screenshot afterall, but I guess you can perfectly amagine what you'dd see when Tommy takes on a duckjumplanding on2 the respawnroof. hehe, here buggy, buggy. :D:):D

>MTA!!, all the way !<

One of the bugs I encountered was while shooting my full gun at the other player, he would only see a few bullets hit him. This is probably because of the lag, which could make the other player a Neo-like bulletdodger. :P

Also drive-by shooting didn't seem to work.