George Best 1946-2005

Jigga

In the nicest way possible, he was an idiot and I have little sympaphy for him.

Yeah, he was good at football, but he screwed up his life by excessive drinking. He was then given a great chance to continue living, in the form of a new liver.

What did he do? Continue drinking, which has led to him dying now.

Other people in his situation would have appreciated a new liver, but he just wasted it. Unappreciative, selfish man in my opinion.

cmon im not that big of a n00b :S actually, i consider myself as a football expert. i must have missed this name in all my research.

how can you not know who he is, i'm a n00b at football but everyone in the wold knows who he is basically. And i agree with whitey, yeah i'm sad he died and that, but he was a bit of a daft twat carrying on drinking after his transplant so i have less sympathy for him. Still sad tho

In the nicest way possible, he was an idiot and I have little sympaphy for him.

Yeah, he was good at football, but he screwed up his life by excessive drinking. He was then given a great chance to continue living, in the form of a new liver.

What did he do? Continue drinking, which has led to him dying now.

Other people in his situation would have appreciated a new liver, but he just wasted it. Unappreciative, selfish man in my opinion.

agreed

Indeed, good at the time, but a life wasted (and 2 livers).

The thing that gets me is, when it was expected that he would come through it all and return home, in one of the papers it said "Best's family plan a champagne party for his return". Idiots.

a bit early the man aint even dead yet

He is now, he died shortly after 1pm GMT

Edited by Guest
He was good in his prime, very skilled player and good at moving the ball with his feet. Too bad he just wanted to go to wrong way in his past life.

Yeah, that happens to a lot of celebrities. It's either alcohol or drugs (or both). I know a guy who made a movie that made $100 million at the box office and then messed it all up by getting involved in drugs. He was forced to "retire".

Just proves what money and situations like that can change your life. Best was loved by many fans around the globe as we all know but though it was him who decided to use that money what he earnt during his prime to wreck his life, i would of like to seen him in the near future maybe manage a club, invest into a club or do something around the football community, maybe youth development for example.

Just shows what booze, cash and media can wreck your life if you chose that route.

RIP for him though which i forgot to mention before.