andromata cargo?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This idea reminded me of one thing. There was a mission in SA where CJ had to break into some military base (I think it was KACC Military Fuels) and had to steal a helicopter for transporting a vehicle with a big magnet or what is that thing called. But, after that mission, that magnet thingie didnt work anymore. As if it was reattached. I think it would be fun to make it work on MTA.

Sorry if there was an idea like this before.

I think that was called the Leviathan.

I have downloaded a mod which opens the space in a cargobob. Let me tell u it is NOT a good idea. i tried flying with a bike in the back on SINGLE PLAYER and it blew me up. after some stuttering and me turning 2d.

maybe it would work on andromeda since its bigger. dunno dink

I have downloaded a mod which opens the space in a cargobob. Let me tell u it is NOT a good idea. i tried flying with a bike in the back on SINGLE PLAYER and it blew me up. after some stuttering and me turning 2d.

Good point. It would be much worse with the Andromeda due to it's higher speed and the jerkiness caused by lag. The best way to do this would be to 'glue' the player/vehicle to the Andromeda so it's position is in sync.

OK, the Idea is good, but there are 2 things.

1.If you want to fly the Andromeda, there is a Limit at the high, so you can't make a good sky diving. But for Missions is that a good Idea.

2.If you want to jump from relativ highs, so you must crate an unmovable objekt, like the Andromeda Cage.

Like no damage taken when u hit it? (the interior)

Exactly. Then you wouldn't explode as soon as you move around. As far as the applications go, there are tons. The interior is large enough to carry several vehicles... imagine flying over an enemy team's territory and driving a bunch of tanks out the back.

I’d be more worried about the collision of vehicles. I mean, this might be possible in SP but with lag, I think it might jerk the plane and blow up. Personaly, if there was some type of vehicle lock to the back of the plane (like that mission where you have to get some cop bikes and drive up a packer) then this would be possible. Still, seems like a lot of work just so you can have vehicles in a Andromeda :S

• 3 weeks later...

I do believe in singleplayer there is a mission where you must pick up a car with a helicopter. I am not sure what would happen if you picked up the car with someone in it. If this is synced in multiplayer I am pretty sure yall would be happy enough.

You could either get a good pilot to fly the helicopter and release you when you want so that would be nice to make some stunt videos.

Or you might get a good pilot who wants to kill and starts to smash you into walls with the winch :lol:

getting vehicles and players in the andromeda could be possible, just look at it from a different perspective: you don't need to actually put stuff inside the plane just make it look like you did.. ;)

you've talked about 'dimensions' in the blog, in other words the andromeda needs a warp point that takes you to a dimension (for example the box thing from the SP mission or a specially designed interior, yeah make it as wide and large as you want), this warp point could be activated and deactivated by the pilot.. the players could jump out of the plane whenever they want by pressing a button or aproaching the warp point (it doesn't really matter)..

PS) I don't have to say that each andromeda takes you to it's own dimension, if you are in plane A you won't see the people who are in plane B..

that's the theory

• 1 month later...

I made a single-player mod that opens up the cargo bay and adds three more seats. The cargo bay doesn't have any textures, but it is solid. Without the new glue feature, though, carrying vehicles in the bay is pretty tricky, but it's fun to sky dive out the back of it.