Recommended connection speed?

Oliver

hi my connection speed is 512k but im not sure if this is suitable. everything seems smooth on the game but theres one problem.

when i shoot someone, in most cases it inflicts no damage. either too many people are cheating or i am shooting thin air because the player has already moved and my connection is too slow to pick it up. Anyone know why?

MTA dosnt have an offical connection speed to play at but it is recommended to have just a good connection. Dial up is just pointless and would not be any good. If you shoot a guy and they dont lose health it could be due to lagging or the Interference of different connection speeds on the server. Players who have very high pings will cause probably the more lag then others.

It all depends on the ping of the other player also. Try this: enter a server where you will have a good ping and try to find another player with a less than 100 ping and always try to aim just a little in front of the way there moving.

I havent actually played 0.5 but thats the way i got my kills during the older versions.

Dont worry when the "Blue" core comes out we will have less of the jumping stuff! :twisted: