Custom ped morphing [18+]

TEDERIs

Hello everyone. About 3 years ago I have worked on some project and got experiments on skin morphing. The video below shows some results in that:

MTA gives all opportunities for creating a morphing for a face, body or something else. I hope in the future someone makes a full-customizable character.

• Like 1

I noticed that you can get some information in vs from BLENDINDICES0 and BLENDWEIGHT0 semantics. This along with NORMAL can provide you with enough information to morph facial features , body etc . Works with any ped, however requires a lot of model related tweaking.

le_neck.jpgbone_Indices18.png

So what method did You use to morph the ped ?

Edited by Ren_712
  • Like 2
On 03.06.2018 at 05:49, Ren_712 said:

I noticed that you can get some information in vs from BLENDINDICES0 and BLENDWEIGHT0 semantics. This along with NORMAL can provide you with enough information to morph facial features , body etc . Works with any ped, however requires a lot of model related tweaking.

le_neck.jpgbone_Indices18.png

So what method did You use to morph the ped ?

I didn't use the default semantics because they provide bone-relative information only. It's not enough for appropriate morphing. Instead, I have baked morphing normals into vertex elements(normals and other) as a scalar for each morphing feature. Thus for three morphing features is required three floats or one vector(normal, for instance). In an example for the breast from the video above, I packed the normals to a scalar and calculate attenuation weights. At a shader side, these normals should be unpacked and multiplied by weights. In this way, it's possible to create universal morphing regardless of its complexity.

Edited by TEDERIs