Gameplay update (17/08/2005 @ 01:09 CET) by Blokker_1999

Blokker_1999

• MTA Team

This is a small update for the people that do not follow our new Blog.

First of, we have a small video displaying some of the things you can do with the races in MTA:SA. The race configuration file can now have Vehicle declarations at any point. What this means is that you can change vehicles midrace depending on how you set up your configuration file. The bugs aren′t completely worked out of it yet, such as a slight hang when vehicles are loaded ( this will be fixed by pre loading all the vehicles in the race config), and engine sound issues also the checkpoints pointing direction hasn′t been finalized yet.

mta_vehicle_changes.jpg

Link to the video

We also have some screenshots from another test. Please note we are aware of the lack of an actor in the local vehicle after a race has started, and once the current refactoring is done, this will work fine.

mta_sa_dev_1_thumb.jpg mta_sa_dev_2_thumb.jpg

mta_sa_dev_3_thumb.jpg mta_sa_dev_4_thumb.jpg

Edited by Guest
lol video is short but looks gud, i love the part where it turns into a speedboat then drops in the water :P

Nice screenies also

yeah, i like that part to, really inventive :wink:

when the "loading" bug will be finished this will be a brand new type of game...

Really nice, keep it up!

grtz

thanks guys :D i had a coice of like 6 vids to use.. and that was prob the best :)

The issues that u see in that vid will all be fixed im sure, we have already improved the sync a lot since then and we have some quite amazing thoughts on how to do the vehicle change ;)

If you enter a car the radio station allso appears in your screen, and if you switch cars this is the same method so it appears.

yes but that's usually in your own vehicle, but when his buddy changed vehicles it happened

anyways back to the subject (whatever it is)

If you enter a car the radio station allso appears in your screen, and if you switch cars this is the same method so it appears.

yes but that's usually in your own vehicle, but when his buddy changed vehicles it happened

anyways back to the subject (whatever it is)

Yeah, we are aware of that bug. It's probably releated to the engine sound issue.

Well, that was entertaining. :P

The only real annoyance I noticed was a slight decrease in speed as the vehicles interchanged, which seemed to cause both a race disadvantage (obviously) and a small skip in syncronization.

Yeah they mentioned that in the blog. They said it's simply loading the car models, so they just need to preload them at the start of the game and it should stop the skips.

• 4 weeks later...