MTA:VC VERY BIG PROBLEM!

Guest Cjaiceman

Ok, I got the game to start after applying the v1.1 patch, but now when I try to start the game from MTA, I get a dialog box with nothing in it, and I get yes or no as my choices.

If I press no it quits, if I press yes I get "ERROR: Unable to copy 'weapon.mta' to 'weapon.dat'.\r\n\r\nYou may want to do this manually. Continue?"

When I press no it quits, when I press yes I get another dialog box saying "You are running a modified version of the MTA client. Please reinstall" The only option I get is "ok"

I have reinstalled everything and it still doesn't work. I installed it in this order = GTA:VC (CD) > V1.1 Patch > MTA

This is an error with the way we temporarily replace some of the games files. When you install take a back up of both weapon.dat and weapon.mta from the /gta?/data/ directory and put them somewhere safe. If you get this error close the client, REPLACE both files and retry.

Thats how i solve my problem with the weapon.dat error/.

I tried your suggestion and it still is giving me the same issue. :shock::?:x

I hope MTA:SA doesn't give me this problem cause I will be o-so-mad!! :idea:

Does anyone else have any ideas of what I can try to get it to work? :?::idea:

I have tried uninstalling everything related to VC and MTA and then reinstalled the game, did 2 missions and then installed MTA and it still is giving me the same thing. :(

I dont have any more suggestions on how to help you but MultiTheftAuto 0.5 is not compatible with Windows 9x, this includes Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 98 SE and Windows ME. Thats if you only have one of these though.

No, I'm running WinXP PRO w/ Service Pack 2.

My comp specs are as follows:

Processor: Intel P4 @ 3122MHz 1MB L2 Cache

MB: Intel D875PBZ

Video: ATI All-In-Wonder 9800 PRO 128MB

HDD: (1) 80GB Maxtor IDE(2) 250GB Maxtor IDE (3) 400GB Hitachi SATA

Sound: Creative Labs Live 5.1

• 2 weeks later...