Read this: About MTA and Blue

It's been very quiet here since the VC-MP beta test, and I can sort of understand that. MTA is no longer the only multiplayer mod for GTA, and I have to admit that even though VC-MP is buggy, it does have some neat additions the current MTA 0.5 doesn't have (and the non-Blue MTA probably never will have).

About all flaming that has been going on lately since VC-MP, I'm very sorry a large part of the community has chosen to behave like this (believe me, you don't want to see the deleted posts), and I can't see any reason for that. VC-MP beats the current MTA, so what? We got a new Blue platform opening new doors around the corner which we are working hard on to complete, and it's kinda heartbreaking when people are so very disrespectful about something they haven't got a faintest idea about. I know you've been waited 1 1/2 year for Blue, but Blue hasn't been simple walk from start to finish. Blue has been reworked two times before, and now we're actually working on what's internally called Blue v3 (3rd rewrite). Believe me, we are very happy with the current write, and we will stick with it.

We've stated earlier (I think) that we'll release a Blue without an SDK with a racemode included first. Reason I explain the above this is that I can understand lots of you have the thoughts "they've worked 1 1/2 year, and now they just make a racemode?". No no no, we have lots of stuff "more than racing" ready, and we already have a great platform with lots of things we could've developed onto (even though lots relevant features are missing for a full release). But.. instead of completing Blue 100%, which is quite a while from now, including deathmatch and tons of mods, we want to do the racemode for demonstration purposes to show the community what we currently have.

We don't really announce release dates until we're really close and almost ready because we don't want to announce delays if something really unexpected should happen a few days before. But, I can say that the core's bodywork needed for the racemode and the racemode using it is comming along very nicely and is not so neccessarily far into the future as you may think. We still have some stuff to do though, but the team and I is working very hard on this every day (up to 8 hours a day).

Basically, the point of this thread was to give some of you something to think of before you insult us with your crap. Remember we're doing this in our own spare time, we do not get paid and disrespect will not make us work any faster (actually vice-versa). Please stop with this "SA-MP vs MTA: Blue" crap as none of you know any details about any of them.

That's what I wanted to say, have a nice day!

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completly agree, that was very very well written. Along time ago when I used to play mta I could never understand why it took the team so long to make a release that didnt crash and that worked fully with everything synched down to the beach ball, and I ended up getting bord and modding mta.

Half a year later I started working on my own multiplayer, and relalized that multiplayers dont take a day to make, nor several weeks. Because im sure as the MTA team knows you want a good release so you dont get the community bitching about bugs, which does take a good while... Good things take time.

And the SA-MP vs Blue thing I wouldnt worry about guys your doing a great job and the GTA community will always back you guys.

Anyways thats just my 2 cence...

Edited by Guest

like i said before, flaming the mta team, because vc-mp seems to be great, is a bit rude and not very smart.

and I can sort of understand that. MTA is no longer the only multiplayer mod for GTA

oh, that's old news. MTA lost that title, back in early 2003(GGM release, and GTA3T). MTA is/was the most popular multiplayer mod for GTA Vice City/GTA3, but now VC-MP seems to get a lot of attention(being the most popular mod is irrelevant though; each mod will have/already has it's own community).

something similar like the flamewars about MTA SA, happened with the announcement of mta blue; ppl started to flame GTAT(the mta team is going to include a racing gamemode, creating a multiplayer mod isn't a race; and there's no actual competition between each multiplayer mod, don't confuse those things :lol: ).

we all should be thankful that there are a few teams out there, that want to bring multiplayer to a game that was meant for singleplayer(thanks to sony, no multiplayer mode for Xbox/PC version was allowed

:roll: ). and stop the flamewars between each multiplayer mod.

i have nothing against racing, in fact i like it. it just depends on how well it is going to be worked out. though i will definately try MTA SA 0.1(or whatever it is going to be called; perhaps mta underground :lol:), because i like GTA San Andreas, and i wanna test if it is really as smooth as we've been told. although i have my own preferences right now(GTAT, and yeah VC-MP test phase 2 was awesome).

Purely from a gamers point of view.

I hope you exceed the excellent work done by VC-MP.

I will play whatever works (probably both).

MTA have provided me with over 2 years of fun, i even play 0.5 every day !

Good luck with your continuing efforts, you have my support. :wink:

Agreed :)

[Vicer wrote]:

I was just a little angry that day and I wasn't thinking straight.

...Well, i also may say im sorry for some stupid post i did a few months ago and for some stupid things i said then (i were pushed).

I think you're the miracle that this comunity was hoping long time ago.

I have read AMMO's entire topic and i must say you look like a programming-superbrain :P.

Looks like Blue is progressing very well and fast with you aboard so welcome!!

:).

Edited by Guest

Hopefully most people will understand that this is a game, Why people start these stupid arguments about what is the better mod. Both teams deserve credit whatever happens, They are doing something they most love doing. I support all the people who made this MTA possible, A quality online modification. 8)

i think ppl were pissed off about the racemod thing because we havent seen shit about blue since the homepage for it was made, however long ago that was. but now u guys come out and say the next release will be a racemod, it seems like you guys have worked that long only to come up with a racing game. ffs nobody cares about racing, after 18 months the least u can do is release a deathmatch. but, we shouldnt even be talkin about this cuz you guys needed to patch .5 as soon as it came out. i dont plan on playing ne more shit from mta, since the forum mods have been assholes to pretty much everybody who ever came here (not only mr.bump), and cuz u guys cant string together a decent release.

I'm still waiting for all mods because i'm sure they will have something drifferent to add.

The leader of VC-MP is kyeman who worked on MTA blue. So if VC-MP is good then what about blue it's going to be around the same. they will both to have ups and downs.

Actually i think alot/all of it's been re-written since kyeman left the MTA team.

i think ppl were pissed off about the racemod thing because we havent seen shit about blue since the homepage for it was made, however long ago that was. but now u guys come out and say the next release will be a racemod, it seems like you guys have worked that long only to come up with a racing game. ffs nobody cares about racing, after 18 months the least u can do is release a deathmatch.

As they said, BLUE isn't finished, yet they are making this mod to 'drive' progress on BLUE, and to give us something untill it is finished, once that's done i guess it'l be released, and not only they will be making decent mods for us, but we can make our own too.

I think any criticism like that should be saved untill it's been played.

• Moderators
All i can say is, if its taken all this time and three re-writes for blues core, its gotta be good 8) .

Completly agreed, since 0.3 you guys didnt receive any gift or good word from us (the community). We have to admit there's strong competition in this days with the sa-mp team and mta public relations wasnt the best since 0.4

Now after 2 weeks of inactivity from myself, i went back to here and saw that news, i think this is a new age for mta and the ppl who support it. We must not start flamming about whats better or which mod kill kickass each other, we're different.