[HELP] Blip Event System

Gabriel1375

Hello guys, what's up ?

I've made myself an blip event script, that attach a blip on the admin on the map, and the user who kills it get a random item.

The most complicated part of the script is working fine, but i have a problem...

The problem is: When the admin kills himself, the event doesn't end, if i die 10x, i'll have the function still running, so everytime i die it gives the message and the item...

The script: (i've already commented all the lines to get easier to understand...)

--function blip has paremeter: theplayer
function blip (thePlayer)
--variable accountname receive the value of the getaccountname of the player, to see the player login
accountname = getAccountName(getPlayerAccount(thePlayer))
--if the player who triggered the blip function is a supermoderator or an admin then
if isObjectInACLGroup("user." .. accountname, aclGetGroup("SuperModerator")) or isObjectInACLGroup("user." .. accountname, aclGetGroup("Admin")) then
	--output the message "special event - kill the adm identified as a $ on the map, the winner will get random items"
	outputChatBox ('#00BFFF==============================================================',getRootElement(),255,255,255,true)
    outputChatBox ('#00BFFF【 EVENTO ESPECIAL! 】#FFFFFF Mate o ADM identificado com o #098700cifrão ($) verde no mapa',getRootElement(),255,255,255,true)
	outputChatBox ('#FFFFFFO vencedor ganhará itens aleátorios!',getRootElement(),255,255,255,true)
	outputChatBox ('#00BFFF==============================================================',getRootElement(),255,255,255,true)
	--attach a "$" blip to the admin or supermod who started the event 
	blip = createBlipAttachedTo (thePlayer,52,10)
	--set the admin data blood to 100
	setElementData(thePlayer, "blood",100)
	--set the admin data blip event to true
	setElementData(thePlayer, "eventoblip",true)
	--set the max slots of the admin backpack to 350
	setElementData(thePlayer, "MAX_Slots",350)
end
end
--add the command /eventoblip that triggers the function blip
addCommandHandler("eventoblip", blip)

--table that determine what items the player will be given
local itens = {
{"Banana"},
{"Kiwi"},
{"Pizza"}
}

--function that calculates the size of the table itens above
function tamanho( tabela )
  local count = 0
  for a in pairs( tabela ) do 
    count = count + 1 
  end
  return count 
end

-- function endevent has parameters: ammo, attacker, weapon, bodypart
function fimdoevento(ammo, attacker, weapon, bodypart)
	-- if there is a attacker, and the element that killed him was a player, and the killed player has the data blip event then
	if attacker and getElementType ( attacker ) == "player" and getElementData(source,"eventoblip") == true then
		--declaring a local variable item that uses the tablecount system to pickup a random item of the table items
		local item = itens[math.random(tamanho(itens))][1]
		--declaring a local variable quantity, that's equal to 1x
		local quantidade = 1
		--destroy the blip on the map after event is over
		destroyElement(blip)
		--remove the data blip event from staff
		setElementData(source, "eventoblip",false)
		--give to the attacker and the admin(test purposes) the random item, and quantity
		setElementData(attacker, item , quantidade)
		setElementData(source, item, quantidade)
		--output message "congratulations attackername killed the staff and wins X quantity of the X item"
		outputChatBox ('#00a5ff==============================================================',getRootElement(),255,255,255,true)
        outputChatBox ("#00a5ff Parabéns [#FF0000" ..getPlayerName(attacker).."#00a5ff] matou o Staff e ganhou [#ff0000 "..quantidade.."x "..item.."#00a5ff]!",getRootElement(),255,255,255,true)
		outputChatBox ('#00a5ff==============================================================',getRootElement(),255,255,255,true)
	-- else if there is a attacker, and the attacker killed with a vehicle, and the killed player has the data blip event then
	elseif attacker and getElementType ( attacker ) == "vehicle" and getElementData(source,"eventoblip") == true then
		--destroy the blip on the map after event is over
		destroyElement(blip)
		--remove the data blip event from staff
		--give to the attacker and the admin(test purposes) the random item, and quantity
		--output message "congratulations attackername killed the staff and wins X quantity of the X item"
		outputChatBox ("#00a5ff Parabéns [#FF0000" ..getPlayerName(attacker).."#00a5ff] atropelou o Staff e ganhou [#ff0000 "..quantidade.."x "..item.."#00a5ff]!",getRootElement(),255,255,255,true)
	-- if none of this conditions is true then the admin accidentally killed himself from falling or other causes
	else
		--output message "the staff adminname killed himself, the event is still running"
		outputChatBox ('#00a5ffO Staff ' .. getPlayerName(source) .. ' se matou, o evento continua.' ,getRootElement(),255,255,255,true)
	end
end

--add an event handler of type onplayerwasted, that triggers the fimdoevento (translating: endevent) function
addEventHandler("onPlayerWasted", getRootElement(), fimdoevento)

Thank you guys, and please if anyone is thinking to use the script, please have my credits in: Gabriel Bigardi

Hello, Sorry for the late answers, i've been a little busy...

So, i've modified my script and now it works fine to identify when i killed myself or when anyone killed me, but...

It doesn't identify the "attacker" value...

It doesn't give the message that the event is over because someone killed the staff, and doesn't give items to the attacker...

Here is the new script:

--function blip has paremeter: theplayer
function blip (thePlayer)
--variable accountname receive the value of the getaccountname of the player, to see the player login
--if the player who triggered the blip function is a supermoderator or an admin then
if isObjectInACLGroup("user." .. accountname, aclGetGroup("SuperModerator")) or isObjectInACLGroup("user." .. accountname, aclGetGroup("Admin")) then
	--output the message "special event - kill the adm identified as a $ on the map, the winner will get random items"
    outputChatBox ('#00BFFF【 EVENTO ESPECIAL! 】#FFFFFF Mate o ADM identificado com o #098700cifrão ($) verde no mapa',getRootElement(),255,255,255,true)
	outputChatBox ('#FFFFFFO vencedor ganhará itens aleátorios!',getRootElement(),255,255,255,true)
	--attach a "$" blip to the admin or supermod who started the event 
	blip = createBlipAttachedTo (thePlayer,52,10)
	--set the admin data blood to 100
	setElementData(thePlayer, "blood",100)
	--set the admin data blip event to true
	setElementData(thePlayer, "eventoblip",true)
	--set the max slots of the admin backpack to 350
end
end
--add the command /eventoblip that triggers the function blip
addCommandHandler("eventoblip", blip)

--table that determine what items the player will be given
local itens = {
{"Banana"},
{"Kiwi"},
{"Pizza"}
}

--function that calculates the size of the table itens above
function tamanho( tabela )
  local count = 0
  for a in pairs( tabela ) do 
    count = count + 1 
  end
  return count 
end

-- function endevent has parameters: ammo, attacker, weapon, bodypart
function fimdoevento(ammo, attacker, weapon, bodypart)
  	--varaible to stop the event data of the player who started the event
	local getData = getElementData ( source, "eventoblip" )

--when i die, if i'm the one who started the event, and the event is still running...
	if getData then

-- there is a attacker
		if attacker then
      	--variable item
		local item = itens[math.random(tamanho(itens))][1]
      	--variable quantity
		local quantidade = 1
      	--destroy the blip attached
		destroyElement(blip)
      	--remove the event data from staff
      	--give the attacker items
      	--give the source items (this one is working in else)
      	--win message
		outputChatBox ('#00a5ff ANYONE WINS THE EVENT MESSAGE',getRootElement(),255,255,255,true)
        outputChatBox ("#00a5ff Parabéns [#FF0000" .. getPlayerName(attacker) .. "#00a5ff] matou o Staff e ganhou [#ff0000 "..quantidade.."x "..item.."#00a5ff]!",getRootElement(),255,255,255,true)
      	--else if there is not a attacker so i killed myself
			else
      		--destroy blip attached
			destroyElement(blip)
      		--remove event data from staff
      		--the staff killed himself, the event is over
			outputChatBox ('#00a5ff O Staff #FF0000' .. getPlayerName(source) .. ' #00a5ff se matou, o evento irá reiniciar',getRootElement(),255,255,255,true)
		end

end
end

--add an event handler of type onplayerwasted, that triggers the fimdoevento (translating: endevent) function
addEventHandler("onPlayerWasted", getRootElement(), fimdoevento)

--function to force the end of event if i give the command /finalizareventoblip (working perfectly)
function finalizarevento(thePlayer)
--local variable data
local pegaData = getElementData ( thePlayer, "eventoblip" )
--identify account name

-- if is a admin or supermod then
    --if the event is running then
		if pegaData then
      		--destroy blip
			destroyElement(blip)
      		--remove data
			setElementData(thePlayer, "eventoblip",false)
			removeElementData(thePlayer,"eventoblip")
      		--message admin ended the event
			outputChatBox ('#FF0000【 ATENÇÃO! 】#FFFFFF O Staff finalizou o evento.',getRootElement(),255,255,255,true)
			outputChatBox ('#FFFFFFO ele explicará o motivo em breve!',getRootElement(),255,255,255,true)
      		--blood back to normal
			setElementData(thePlayer, "blood",12000)
     		--slots back to normal
		else
      		--else if the event is not running give message event is not running
			outputChatBox ('#FFFFFFO Evento não está acontecendo !!!',thePlayer,255,255,255,true)
		end
	end
end

addCommandHandler("finalizareventoblip", finalizarevento)

Also, ty again !!