stupid newbie needing help

Guest Bruce The Aussie

okay...i installed all the software...checked everyhting was working...its all good....

but i don't know how to start a server......i wanna play a lan game with my friends, but i don't know how.

i open the GTA launcher. go to config server. i set it up with ASE disabled, then i click "save setting and launch server" but nothing happens. at all apart from the server config window closing. i'm betting its just my stupidity and yes, i did check back to see if there where any other topics askign this, but i didn't see any (maybe i didn't look hard enough)

sorry if its a stupid question and thanxs for any help.

• 2 weeks later...

the dedicated server icon is the "lauch server" button, and thsi brings up a window that is the server.

Right , i am having problems with this to (having a game on lan with me mates) . I create the dedicated server , and connect to it via the console thing with nick name and version, via my pc's ip (the pc that has the serve running). I connect. I then have the other pc to connect , its all fine , we can both see that we are connected and can chat via the console .

We then both start GTA3 and start a multiplayer game , where we both fly around with the credits (we are still both connected) then i press the send game request button (i have started the server) and the game begins , i chose my team, the other pc can chose a team , but we are not on the same game .We can't see each other but can play in our own little world with no one . except that there is this one little man that runs to a corner of 2 builds (which are near to the damaged road on the first island with the great holes in it) and he just stays there not controled by anyone

and i kill him but he doesn't go away and that about it. i minimise the game to find out that i have quit , yet it does not say it on the connect console only on the server window , the only thing said on the connnect console is "whobeingattacked 1 " and so on . The other pc connect console says i have quit due to time out .

I haven't got a F**king clue whats up nor why i quit or why this one little man runs around into a corner .

Also there are about 20 men all stood on a building near the mafia house that just stand there, when shot off the top by some "clever" rocket laucher antics they stand thre on the pavement and when i go near shart shoting bursts of uzi at me , (i have great fun in running them down) also when i shot at them with the rocket laucher the f**king police come after me , not the police cars just the helicopters ?

whats going on and why cant be play. thankyou

if there is any grave pathetic error in my ways then please do take the piss and put me right , i read the manual but still dont know whats going wrong

cheers .