[WIP] Usersystem [ Q: Should I remake? ]

usersystem.png

What is it?

This is a usersystem wich contains all sorts off things, userpanels, moderator panel, inventory and keep on going.

You can fully modify the ranks to add your own styles. (Like for RPG's, Cop, Firedepartment or w/e)

The system is fully based on a GUI!

What does this usersystem contain?

- Name tags (Example: [Admin] Cannonball: Hello! , and this could be any color you want )

- Ranks ( You can add yourself aswell, 4: Admin | 3: Moderator | 2: Member | 1: Registered )

- User panel, wich can:

• Save skin ( Sets on join )

• Save position ( Sets on join )

• Set position ( Sets saved position )

• Open PM window, inventory window

• Able to change name, wich the database will save (Fully GUI’ed)

- Personal message panel, wich can:

• Recieve messages ( Fully GUI’ed, no chatbox messages )

• Send messages

• Delete messages

• Reply to messages

• Sliding out animation from the userpanel

- Inventory panel, wich can:

• View items that Currently are in your inventory

• Drop items ( With confirmation ( Example: “Are you sure you want to drop?”) )

• Sell Items ( With confirmation( Example: “Are you sure you want to sell?”) )

• Use items ( Currently only weapons )

• Place items and save them on the map (Smal mapeditor for Members! ) (NOT DONE)

- Store, where you can:

• View items

• Buy items

- Moderator panel, wich can:

• Mute

• Kick

• Ban

• Kill

• Spectate

• Bomb

• Set sky color

• Zap

• Reset sky color

Release:

Not yet unfortantly, since its still on a beta and has to be debugged ( Although there are no errors so far )

Review:

NOTE: I suggest you watch it on 480p, it gives the best view on the userpanel

And further on..

Why am I showing this? Well im just curious how people think about this system.

Questions are welcome, suggestions are even more! I can always use fresh idea's to even improve this window.

I had alot off help from the IRC aswell :)

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why dont post the beta so people can experience it and tell you errors :lol:

I think you've eddited your post, the idea about adding kills/deaths is probobly a good idea yea.

I could release it, but the problem is, the inventory isnt done atm. Well, the dropping, using items works perfeclty, but im currently working on "Placing Item" so that only members can actually mapedit abit. ( So basicly, im making a minimapeditor xD )

What i saw in video was really really cool, i hope some day will be relesed :)

What you saw in the video, is exactly the system im representing here above :P I made that video. And like kevin11 said, it might be a good idea to release it today, but theres still a bunch to do really.

Yes! At last there is a nice user system!! Can't wait

You don't really need to put much in the moderator panel as admin panel (resource name=admin) is here.

Now I removed the video just now. I hope this resource is popular, and will make attention to popular members! Nice work!

My suggestion: Put the Weapons in an ammunation shop instead. You can use the new_mabako-services for something else (like fast food) too! :D

Edited by Guest
Yes! At last there is a nice user system!! Can't wait

Anyway, if you want to post the youtube in a proper way. just take the code of the video, like: KqAkhpeI27E taken from

Use the code of the video to post the youtube video here.

Result: You don't really need to put much in the moderator panel as admin panel (resource name=admin) is here.

Thanks! I will adjust!

And to be honest, I have made another video bout sending message, and the shop (And some other crap lol )

NOTE: At the end, you'll see me using "Place Item", the gui is NOT done yet, and you can only move Z axis with mouse scroll :) (Soon you'll be able to move all axisse's xD )

Idea: should have a registery system. and all registers will go to the top level admin and if they like use hacks, mods ect... admins can block there account from being logged in to. but then again they can still re-register to it. unless you can add a IP register blocker thingy to it :D

Edit: forgot Login system aswell, soz.

Idea: should have a registery system. and all registers will go to the top level admin and if they like use hacks, mods ect... admins can block there account from being logged in to. but then again they can still re-register to it. unless you can add a IP register blocker thingy to it :D

The idea was not to use a login, sincerly it detects you automaticly on Serial. I want to have as less hassle as a player can have. All this loggin in, its useless really and more for eye-candy for the serverowner. AutodetectionSerial ftw.

Release will be next week though.

The idea was not to use a login, sincerly it detects you automaticly on Serial. I want to have as less hassle as a player can have. All this loggin in, its useless really and more for eye-candy for the serverowner. AutodetectionSerial ftw.

Release will be next week though.

but what if someone changes PC or there at there mates? then they cant login until they go back on there PC they registered 2

forgot something: Sweet! next week :D

Its friday! Week isnt passed yet lol.

Release:

https://community.multitheftauto.com/index.html?p ... ils&id=744

Unfornatly there are some bugs still, some things might not work. And even worse news; I will not continue this usersystem on mta community. You are free to edit/fix stuff. Aslong my name can keep its credits.

Be sure to execute SQL file in SQL.zip included. And set settings in cfg/cfg.lua!!

Look there's nothing wrong with this script, all you HAVE to do is add yourself to the system by going:

/adduser YourName

Example:

/adduser Cannonball 4

4: Admin

3: Moderator

2: Member

1: Registered

The panel will never open for you (By F4) if you are not in the system.

Run the SQL file, change the cfg.lua. Go in server and add yourself. :roll:

Kevin, calm down will ya, he'll answer soon!

Anyway, how to set up MySQL server? (Since I never heard of it before, but I placed the MySQL files properly)

Btw, thanks for the adduser info, it helps!

This is what the CFG which I tried to work with:

host : "localhost"

name : "XX3"

password : "*secret*"

database : "mtarootdatabase.sql"

1. I unpacked the file to a folder.

2. I extracted the mtarootdatabase.sql to the usersystem folder. < Am I right :?:

3. Placed all mySQL files to a proper place (also with the config)

4. Started an MTA server, still doesn't work. Giving me the MySQL error regarding to usersystem.

You could give us a step by step tutorial, it would really help the MySQL newcomers.

Kevin, calm down will ya, he'll answer soon!

Anyway, how to set up MySQL server? (Since I never heard of it before, but I placed the MySQL files properly)

Btw, thanks for the adduser info, it helps!

This is what the CFG which I tried to work with:

database : "mtarootdatabase.sql"

1. I unpacked the file to a folder.

2. I extracted the mtarootdatabase.sql to the usersystem folder. < Am I right :?:

3. Placed all mySQL files to a proper place (also with the config)

4. Started an MTA server, still doesn't work. Giving me the MySQL error regarding to usersystem.

You could give us a step by step tutorial, it would really help the MySQL newcomers.

Alright, this story makes no sence at all lawl ( No offense:P)

Here's what you have to do, it all depens on where you have your MTA server, and you MySQL server.

Lets say, both are on the SAME computer. You will have to have Xampp or Apache ( I recommend Xamp, but meh Lol)

http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html

Install it with MySQL. Then after its completely installed and done, go to: http://localhost/phpmyadmin

In there, you will have to create a database. Lets say we call it "mtadatabase".

Then inside the mtadatabase you will have to execute the SQL file that i've added inside the zip.

Your CFG would like this:

database : "mtadatabase"