Resolution Help

ugabugaz

Question

Is there any way to force MTA 1.0 to play in 1920*1080? I looked at the video tab and clicked that resolution. It said it will be applied when i reset the game. Nothing, it reverts back to 800*600. I can only change it up to 1024*768. I've tried every single way possible and nothing works. Even GTA itself isn't letting me play at 1920*1080. Both my monitor and pc can easily handle it. (I patched my game to 1.01 to test it. I got 70+ FPS with everything maxed out)

17 answers to this question

I talked to Talidan last night on IRC. So far we tried one way, he sent me a .SET file with a 16:10 resolution. That didn't work. He checked the source code and said he might know of another way but he had to go so we'll see how it goes tonight.

I can see the resolutions in MTA ( 1920*1080 , 1280*720 , 1024*768 , 800*600 , 640*480). I can only see these in GTA (1024*768 , 800*600 , 640*480)

My GPU is an ATI Mobility Radeon 4650 (The 1GB version)

CPU is a C2D 2.53Ghz - P8700

4GB of Ram

1920*1080 Default Screen Resolution.

Using Vista 64bit.

Just to clarify, this appears to be a bug in GTASA involving ATI cards, which was later fixed in the 1.01 patch (which obviously MTA doesnt support).

MTA seems to populate a list of resolutions it can set itself. However, due to some graphical glitches, MTA doesnt set the resolution itself - instead of modifies the GTASA setting and leaves GTA to adjust the resolution (upon next startup). However, due to the GTASA bug, GTA forcefully reverts the resolution back to 4:3.

This is my understanding of the situation, so the solution should be to try and make MTA set the resolution as a temporary measure - although there will be minor graphical side-effects, its better than nothing.

Im having the exact same problem as the OP, why doesnt my resolution change to 1080 or higher on MTA?

the only resolution that works is 1024x768 and lower.

please help i want the to be able to fit the game on my screen and the only resolutions that work are too low and they dont fit.

is there any way to fix this problem?

much help would be appreciated

i have a geforce 8800 gt 526mb, and like i said before.....when i choose the resolution on MTA it resets back to low resolution when i restart the game.

i want to get this fixed and i need to know what can be causing this problem.

i can play all my other games fine with the resolution i need which is 1784x992.

the only way i can even get 1080 res on san andreas is by getting the patch for it which doesnt work with MTA.

please help

Hi,

I've got the same problem. I've bought a new screen yesterday with a resolution of 1920x1080 (16:9). Before, I used a screen with a resolution of 1152x864 (4:3) but it's not an important point. :mrgreen:

So when I ran MTA with the new screen, I've set the 1920x1080 resolution but when I restarted MTA, it sets the 800x600 resolution like other people here. I've got the same problem when I've tried to set 1600x900 and 1280x720 — these are 16:9 too. There is probably others 16:9 resolutions but I haven't tested them yet. However, I've also tested 1024x768, 1152x864 (both 4:3), 1440x900 then 1680x1050 (both 16:10) and it works. So it seems that MTA — more probably GTA SA by itself as Talidan think — can't use a 16:9 resolution.

So I've to play in 1680x1050 with two vertical black band, it's better than 800x600 but it's still a little upscaled. :|

I confirm also that the bug affects nVidia graphic cards, I have an GeForce 7600 Go — it's a laptop with an external screen plugged on it because its screen is dying.

I'm afraid that the problem have to be solved by using the GTA's patched version, but is it planned to do that in futur MTA's releases? :? I don't think so but I hope I'm wrong.

Just to clarify, this appears to be a bug in GTASA involving ATI cards, which was later fixed in the 1.01 patch (which obviously MTA doesnt support).

MTA seems to populate a list of resolutions it can set itself. However, due to some graphical glitches, MTA doesnt set the resolution itself - instead of modifies the GTASA setting and leaves GTA to adjust the resolution (upon next startup). However, due to the GTASA bug, GTA forcefully reverts the resolution back to 4:3.

This is my understanding of the situation, so the solution should be to try and make MTA set the resolution as a temporary measure - although there will be minor graphical side-effects, its better than nothing.

Any chance this will happen soon?

I know lots of people who want to use 1920x1080.... :(